Sunday, November 27, 2011

Day 5 Chicago, Sunday

 We drove out and saw the Chicago Illinois Temple.  We rented a car today so we could find some spots outside of downtown.  It reminds me a lot of the Boise Temple.  It is in Glenview a suburb outside of Chicago.
 We attended church in one of the local wards.  We saw to missionaries from our side of the States.  Elder Nilsen from Declo, Idaho and Elder Mortensen was from Utah.  It is always fun to see the missionaries.  I like to send a picture and an email to their parents.
 Busy Day.  We went to the house of Blues for Sunday Brunch.  Believe me their church services are different than ours.  It is always fun to listen to gospel blues.
 We were on an adventure looking for architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright.  Here is his  Robie House.
More fun buildings.
 We took a ride on the subway one last time around the city.  On the "L" it goes up above the street.
The sky was very clear tonight so I got some good pictures of things around town.  (1) Willis (Sears) Tower, (2) One of the first McDonalds and one of the largest (3) Great picture of trees (4) Library at the University of Chicago.

I really do like the city of Chicago.  We have been able to see many wonderful things.  A lot more we could see but they will have to wait until next time.  We fly to Salt Lake City on Monday.

1 comment:

  1. You really know how to pack a day full of things to see. I feel like I've been to Chicago and I didn't have to leave the comfort of mhy home--but it's still not the same. I envy you!! Glad you had such a great trip. We will be excited to get you back to Idaho.

    ReplyDelete