Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Jamestown settlement in the 16th Century

 A man did a demonstration on how to load and fire a musket of that time.  It is quite a process to get a shot off.  And it was really loud.
 Life in Jamestown inside the fort.  They made their canoes by burning out the inside of logs and scrapping that out.
 Some of the building inside the fort.
 They cooked over an open fire and baked in a clay oven.
 Inside the church
The stored everything inside large barrels.  A person that made the barrels was called a Carter.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    My name is Mia Swan. I am a teacher who writes educational materials for teachers to use online. I was wondering if you post your images online as public domain sources, or if I can have permission to include several in a google slideshow I'm updating. I'd like to include them in my educational products. Looking forward to hearing from you.

    Mia Swan

    ReplyDelete